Friday, April 15, 2011

A Reminder

(Originally posted July 27, 2010)



Brandon Heath has a song called "I'm Not Who I Was" that I'm pretty sure I must have written.

Okay, I didn't write it, but I could have because it tells my story (and the story of lots of us, I imagine). Writers just have a way of getting inside our hearts with the beauty of words -- of telling their story and touching our stories through a character or a verse. The artistry of language can make a message so clear.

Any of you who have heard of or read "The Vampire Chronicles" are familiar with Anne Rice. I think this message from this award-winning author is worth listening to. She has an amazing way of painting her story:


I was so blessed last month to be part of a songwriters' conference where I got to swap stories and ideas with some amazingly talented and giving people. These folks have hearts for God and for serving Him, His church, and the world with their art. It's so nice to get among "my tribe" for a while and be reminded of what's real. It's not about crafting a catchy tune, earning a dollar, or making a name for oneself. It's about showing the world a God who loves, building up His people for the spiritual fight ahead, and reminding everyone that we have a Savior who IS coming back to judge.

I need a reminder every now and then that we're not the crazy ones. We're the realists. Listen to "Living for That Moment" (from 12-27-09) http://www.cornerstonesimi.com/special/media_player.html

Wow, I'm rambling a bit and two links per entry should probably be the limit. But I loved these and needed these, so I wanted to share them. It's by God's grace alone that "I'm not who I was."

Peace and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment